Recommended conventions as a result of questionnaire
In the results of my questionnaire I found out what my
target audience want to see in a magazine. My magazine is going to cost between
£1.50 and £2 as this was what the majority of people said they would pay for
the magazine in my questionnaire with 42.11% of people choosing this option. If
I charged more than this then I risk my target audience not being able to
afford, or be willing to pay this much for my magazine.
I asked my audience which colour scheme they would prefer
for the magazine and the options were black and red, red, white and blue, black
and blue or blue and red. The colour scheme I will have for my magazine will be
either red and black or red, black and blue because these were the top two choices
in the questionnaire results.
I have decided that my magazine will be released monthly as this
was the most chosen option and if it was released weekly or fortnightly this
could be too often and my audience might not be able to afford to buy it this
often and therefore I would lose money and customers. A lot of magazines of the
same music genre are also released monthly.
In my questionnaire I found that the most popular magazines
that are read in the rock genre are ‘The Rolling Stone’, ‘Classic Rock’,
Out of all the people who took my questionnaire there were
more females than males. This suggests that slightly more females will be
reading my magazine than males. However this means I still need my magazine to
appeal to both male and female and therefore include things that relate to both
genders.
I need to ensure my magazine is appealing and appropriate
for a range of different ages as people as young as 15 and people 22 years plus
could be reading my magazine. I will do this by providing articles that appeal
to everyone or different age groups.
Hobbies and interests
In the questionnaire results it was clear that information
of music was more important than celebrities in a magazine. Therefore I will
include lots of information about different bands and band members in the rock
genre and news about the music genre and only include some news about
celebrities.
I found out what my target audience think is the most
important feature in a music magazine. The most popular choice was the images
on the front cover. This shows that it’s the images on the front cover that
attract people most and means I will choose the best images for my front cover.
The other popular choices were the cover lines, the colour scheme, the articles
and the background image. This means that I will choose the colour scheme that
got the majority vote in my questionnaire and I will choose cover lines and
include articles that will appeal to my target audience and that they will have
a strong interest in. The option that was least popular was the masthead,
although this was an unpopular choice I will still need to choose a name for
the magazine that sounds good and professional.
There are lots of bands in the rock genre that my target
audience like that I could include in my magazine. Some of the bands that were
given in my questionnaire are The Arctic Monkeys, The Wombats, The Red Hot
Chilli Peppers, The Vaccines, Blink 182, 30 Seconds To Mars and Guns N Roses. I
know that my target audience like these bands and will want to read about them
in the magazine so I will therefore choose some to have in my magazine.
No comments:
Post a Comment