Thursday, 8 May 2014

What have I learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Evaluation

During the creation process of my music magazine I have learnt how to use different softwares and websites while also developing my previous skills and experience in programmes I had used before. One of the websites I used when creating my magazine was Pixlr, this is a website that allows you to edit photos and images in many different ways for free, similar to Photoshop. I didn’t know about Pixlr before and this was the first time I used it. However, I found it very easy and simple to use in comparison to other photo editing softwares such a Photoshop, nonetheless still achieving high quality, edited images with a professional finish.

To make my actual product and to piece it all together I used Adobe Fireworks on a Apple Mac, I hadn’t used Fireworks before so it was fun to learn how to use. For help on how to achieve and produce different effects and processes I watched various tutorials on the Internet. I found that Fireworks was probably the best software to use to create my product as it made my magazine look like a real, professional magazine that would attract my audience.

While I was taking the photos for my media product I knew that lighting was key to gaining high quality photos. However, as the location of my photo shoot was at a live gig in a club this was near enough impossible due to stage lighting and a dark atmosphere. Nevertheless I used my previous camera and photography knowledge to my best advantage and managed to finish with some great action shots etc. Using flash, different camera positions and editing skills I manipulated the photos to make them look exactly how I wanted them too.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment